This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
In today’s article, I’m going to be sharing with you guys, my best tips for how to get accepted to Merch by Amazon. So if you are a print-on-demand t-shirt seller, or you want to be, in the future stick around for this article. Because it’s going to be a good one everyone, I hope you’re all doing well today.
Merch By Amazon
I like to talk about online entrepreneurship, and sharing the resources that I wish I had along my journey. We are going to be talking specifically about Merch by Amazon.. The main thing that I want to talk about in this article, is how to get accepted to Merch by Amazon. If you are new to print-on-demand, or if you’ve been in print-on-demand for a while, and you know that most print-on-demand websites you can just go on, create a free account and get started on day one. However, with Merch by Amazon, which is Amazon’s version of print-on-demand, you have to request an invitation, not everyone gets accepted. So I want to put together this article, to show my best tips on how to get accepted, and how to do it quickly.
So first things first just to make sure we’re all on the same page. Merch by Amazon is simply a print-on-demand service through Amazon. So if you go to their homepage, or if you just Google Merch by Amazon. You will see the landing page and there’s the button for request invitation, but you can read a little bit about Merch by Amazon program, and how it works on this landing page essentially if you’re familiar with Teespring or Redbubble, the other big players in print-on-demand. Merch by Amazon works in the same way. You create the designs were the artwork you upload it to the website and then whenever someone purchases that design on a t-shirt Amazon, will then print it and ship it out to them. Another cool feature with Merch by Amazon, is that they have Prime shipping. So most people have a Prime membership on Amazon. So they get free 2-day shipping on the items that they purchase now very briefly, before we move into the requesting invitation and the tips on all of that I did want to just note, that Merch by Amazon is a great print-on-demand program, and I always recommend it for the main reason of Amazon has a huge client base, already people are very familiar with purchasing things on Amazon. Works in our favor, if we create a t-shirt design of a upload it to Amazon , people are familiar with that environment and they’re not afraid to make a purchase. So now it’s getting to the good stuff in this article, the actual tips on how to get accepted to Merch by Amazon.
Tips on how to get accepted to Merch by Amazon.
So once you click that request invitation button. It’s going to have you log into Amazon. So if you already have an Amazon account, you can simply sign in there. if you do not have an Amazon account, it takes 30 seconds and you can create a new one, just like that now if you are creating a new Amazon account, just remember the email address that you’re logging in with, because that’s going to be what you use in the future to log into your Merch by Amazon account. So right after you login, your going to be prompted with the three major things that you’re going to need for the application before you get started. These are your business contact details, your bank account, and routing numbers, and your Social Security or tax identification. Now I know those sound pretty confusing, but I’ll walk through all of these and they are very simple. First thing thirsty business contact information just know that you do not need to have a separate business entity, to do Merch by Amazon and as a general statement for all of print-on-demand on the different websites. You do not need to have a separate business set up, to do it now, if you do have a business set up for this, then you can use that no problem. But if you do not, then you just use your first and last name and the business contact information. Now if you already have a website setup, that’s getting traffic affiliate marketing cite a Blog whatever it is you can and put this in your application just showing Amazon that you already do get traffic and you’ll be forwarding that on to your Merch by Amazon listings. But if you don’t have a website, don’t sweat it all you don’t have to put anything in here ,and then moving on to bank account and routing numbers this is a really important one. So what they’re looking for is that they can pay you. So you have to select your country or region and not all countries and regions are supported yet. So if your country or region is already in the list that they support. Then you can just select it and go through the prompts that’ll be very easy to input your bank and routing number information. Then you have to do one extra step. What this extra stuff is going to payoneer.com and you can create a free account there. It’s very similar to PayPal if you’ve heard of PayPal before, and you can set up a free account and it’s made for international payments. So all you have to do is go to payoneer.com and apply as an individual and then wait a couple days until you get accepted and then once payoneer accept your account, you just have to go to global payment service, and then select the United States, and then you’ll have an account number and routing number right there that’s what you can input on your Merch by Amazon application. This is Social Security and tax identification. Now if you are located in the United States, this will be very straightforward for you. Just fill out the information that they’re asking for. However you’re located outside of the United States. You may not have this specific information. Just put some type of identification where’s it at your local tax paying identification. It’s different for different countries and regions and they do have more information you can click the little eye icon and I’ll give you more information of what’s supported and we’re, but if you have some kind of specific identification for you and your country or region. that’s what you want to put in the application, and if Amazon needs more information they will contact you for that. But just put in some type of ID that you have. So that should cover the three big logistical parts of the application. But now we’re moving into the part that determines if someone’s going to get accepted or not, and this is what Amazon’s looking at. As long as the logistical things to check out. So what this is the additional information section. This is extremely important and I’m going to go over my top tips for what you need to put in this section. So I got seven things that you need to focus on, for what to put in the section, first things first and if you have any type of traffic that’s coming to a website and Instagram page, a channel anything you want to note that in this app station, and let them know that you already have traffic coming to you, that you were going to be forwarding on to Merch by Amazon in Amazon dies what this means is you are going to be bringing additional traffic to Amazon, and that is a huge win for Amazon.
1. If you have any type of traffic that is already coming to make sure to put that in the application. If you don’t have any traffic, then you can leave this part out.
2. If you want to make clear any designs that you’re uploading any titles and descriptions. you will not be infringing on anyone’s copyrights. One of the most tedious and time-consuming things, that Merch by Amazon has to deal with. Is filtering and reviewing all the designs that are uploaded. When someone uploads a design, or has words in their titles, or description that uses a company logo, or brand name or something in it. Amazon then has to fly get through their system, go through review and then suspend that listing that takes up extra time. So if you already tell them in this additional information section, that you will not be uploading anything that infringes on copyrights, they know that this is going to be saving them time down the road and you are already aware that you don’t putting logos and things that are copyrighted in the designs titles and descriptions.
3. If you want to be sure to say that you actually put a lot of time into your designs, and you make quality designs to upload. This way they know that if they accept you, you’re not going to be uploading designs that really just flood the Amazon Marketplace, and don’t look good, no one’s going to be buying, they want to know that you’re uploading quality designs.
4. If you already have designs ready to upload, make sure to put that in your application. If you guys are already using the other print-on-demand platforms Teespring, Redbubble and you’ve already use the graphic design tools to create designs. Then you probably have them sitting in a folder, ready to upload, make sure you tell Merch by Amazon this, and that way they know that if you get accepted. You’re going to be an active user on the platform.
5. This is a really big one you want to make sure that you let them know that you have read their terms of service, and you understand them fully. It is a big hassle and time-consuming process for Merch by Amazon when they see that someone is doing something that’s violating our terms of service, and then they have to band that account. So by you telling them in this application that you’ve already read the terms of service, and you understand them, and you’re not going to be an issue going forward it takes a lot of risk off of them accepting you, and it gives you a kind of a leg up in this application.
6. this is another big one and kind of an overarching one, and that is make sure that you do not have grammatical errors in your application. Look over this additional information section A few times, before you submit it to make sure that everything makes sense. There’s no grammatical errors and it looks professional and looks like you put time into this application .
7. this is the biggest tip that I can give you and that is to not come off as if you are begging for them to accept you. If you want this additional information section to have the vibe of you are the one bringing value to their Marketplace. You don’t want it to be please accept me please I need this. I need to make money. I need to make extra income. You don’t want that feel rather. You want a look. I create awesome designs and people are buying them on other platforms. But I want to add them to Amazon. Because I know it’s reputable and I know you have a big customer base, that will love these designs as you can see, there’s a very big difference between the two. So that’s my biggest piece of advice try to go with the feel of ombre value to you, and I’d love to be a part of your platform. So those are the big tips for that and a couple of side notes. Just know that I can take a couple days to a couple weeks to hear back from work by Amazon on this application with that said you don’t always get an email right away and sometimes it goes to the spam folder so what I would recommend is just leaving us on a tab, and checking back everyday or every couple days to see if you can log into your account. That allow you to upload designs then you are in that means you’ve been accepted if you still get the request invitation page, then that means that they are working on your application and just give them some time to get back to you. Now once you are accepted to Merch by Amazon. Some really important things to know, when you’re getting a brand new account. Is that it works on a tier system. So when you first get accepted you’re going to have 10 slots available meaning you can upload 10 designs and that is the maximum until you get 10 sales. Then you’ll be moved into tier 2 which is 25 slots. So you will then have 25 available slots to upload designs. and then once you get 25 sales, they move into tr3. It keeps going up and up and up to the more sales that you get on your account. The more designs will be able to upload with that said in the beginning you kind of have to be strategic about it. You only have 10 slots to upload designs in. So what I recommend doing is uploading your 10 very best designs, these do not have to be related in the same niche. Just your 10 best designs, and if they don’t make a sale within 60 days, that’s kind of the time frame that I gave it to see if it’s going to sell it or not in this first year when you only have 10 slots available. If those 10 designs are not making a sale in the first six, you can remove them and you can swap them in, with 10 different designs you want to give yourself the best chance to get sales in the beginning. Because the whole strategy here, is to keep moving up the tears. So you can upload more and more designs, and you want to get as many design uploaded as possible, and then you’ll have the most lines in the water, and you’ll be making the most sales every single day. So with that said some tips on that, are follow the trends, if you’re approaching a holiday. Then you want those 10 designs in the beginning kind of to be geared towards that holiday. And you can always swap out these designs at anytime.
Now another huge thing that’s specific to Merch by Amazon as you can purchase your own shirts, and that counts towards your sales for the tier system. So in the beginning if you want to expedite this process, you can buy your own shirts to move right into the next year, and you have more slots that you can put shirts into. If you’re going to do this I recommend lowering your price is a little bit. So it doesn’t hurt your wallet as bad when your purchasing all these shirts just set a small profit margin on that shirt, and then you can purchase them and you can actually see the quality which is nice as well now to more really quick things that are important for you to know, is that the way that Merch by Amazon works is when you uploaded design. It has 108 days to make a sale if it makes a sale, it will be permanently listed on Merch by Amazon. If it does not make a sale within a hundred eighty days. Then it will be automatically removed from my Amazon. With that said you can easily just re-upload the same design and it’ll give it another 180 days, to get a sale and I’ll be permanently on there. But it’s just something to be aware of, and it’s 180 days recently switched from 60 to 180, and there’s rumors that’s going to go to 365 days. But just know that there is some type of limit weather that goes longer or it stays at a hundred and eighty. That’s something to be aware of any last really big thing. Which is commonly asked is that you cannot buy or sell Merch by Amazon accounts over someone who can’t get accepted. Just know that you cannot purchase one off of someone else, and for someone who has built up a pretty big Merch by Amazon account. That’s generating a lot of Revenue every month. You can then go sell that for a profit. I hope you got some value from this. If you have any questions at all, feel free to let me know down the comments.